Fleas infestation is a dreadfully common problem and treatments for fleas are the crucial part of the health regime of pet dogs. Fleas can root assorted discomforts in dogs. Lots of different dog collars and flea solutions are available for treating fleas.
Seresto for dogs is a greatly effective, reliable alternative to monthly tick and flea treatments. Seresto dog collars use an exciting, modern technology for releasing the active ingredients.
Seresto Dog Collar Reviews: 2017-18
This is a greatly effective, long-lasting solution for controlling tick and flea without any inconvenience. This is the finest method for protecting your pets from flea larvae, flea eggs, fleas, ticks, sarcoptic mange on dogs. Separate formulations are obtainable for small, medium and large dogs, and cats.
Benefits of Using Seresto Dog Collars
The Seresto dog collars are premeditated to prevent infestations and kill parasites in the coats of dogs. In order to get the best benefit, it should be used for 8 months. This is the secure and straightforward alternative to short-lived flea treatment options.
An unrelenting release technology is used in Seresto dog collars for releasing active ingredients over an extended period of time. Once you pertain the Seresto dog collar, active ingredients are transferred from it to the hair of the dog and finally the skin.
Then, these ingredients are disseminated evenly throughout the hair and skin. Seresto dog collars use two active ingredients such as Flumethrin and Imidacloprid. The former is effectual in repelling and killing ticks while the latter is effective for killing adult fleas and flea larvae.
How To Select the Best Seresto Dog Collar?
First of all, you should make certain to purchase a collar at the right size of your pet dog. A large size collar can be selected for your full-grown dog. Convenience has a noteworthy role while selecting a flea collar. If the collar is convenient, there is no need to change it frequently. To provide utmost protection to your dog, the Seresto dog collar should be efficient for dealing with both ticks and fleas.
The active ingredients must be checked before purchasing a Seresto dog collar. Don’t purchase any collar if that has active ingredient is Tetrachlorvinphos (TCVP) – Read the details of products. This neurotoxin attacks the nervous system of fleas. Proper care is necessary for handling all insecticides. TCVP is unsafe for both animals and humans.
Top Seresto Dog Collar Reviews:
1. Bayer Seresto Flea Tick Collar
The Bayer Seresto Flea Tick Collar is working on the basis of a pioneering delivery system, which offers ideal protection against fleas and ticks for 8 months. By repelling and killing fleas and ticks, it provides the performance of a topical.
It offers uppermost convenience and effortlessness of use. The collar is vastly effective for preventing the transmission of disease-causing organisms.
This bayer serest dog collar non-greasy and odorless collar is ideal for small dogs of 7 weeks and older. This water-resistant flea collar by bayer remains effectual even during occasional swimming, bathing or after exposure to sunshine or rain. It is highly effective for eliminating pesky pests.
Prons of Bayer Seresto Flea Collar:
- Easy to use;
- No mess;
- Lasts a long time;
- Very effective;
- Cheaper in the long run;
2. Seresto Flea and Tick Collar
The Seresto Flea and Tick Collar is amongst best option for those who are
not interested adopting topical solutions for treating flea and tick infestations in their pet dogs.
This non-greasy, odorless flea collar is recommended by a veterinarian. Besides, this is also extremely helpful for preventing the tick problems in dogs. A sustained release process technology is used in the Seresto flea collars by Bayer.
As a result, the active ingredients are released leisurely on an uninterrupted basis for around 8 months. The Seresto Flea and Tick Collar by Bayer are water resistant. Thus, it will be greatly effective even if your dog takes bath frequently.
Exposure to sunshine or rain will not weaken its effectiveness. However, the duration of coverage will be reduced to 5 months if your dog is a frequent swimmer.
Quick release mechanism is the other immense feature of Seresto Flea and Tick Collar by Bayer. It allows your pet dog to get out of it.
The collar will be painful for your dog if he is a frequent wanderer. The flea and tick collar will also guard your dog from hanging themselves accidently.
The Seresto Flea and Tick Collars by Bayer are accessible in two sizes, small and large. You can also cut the excess length off to fit your small dog.
- Highly effective;
- Long lasting;
- Ideal for small breeds;
- Good value;
- Easy to use;
Flea treatment is a crucial part of the healthcare regime of dogs. These pets cause lots of discomforts, which is very common in dogs.
Lots of diverse solutions are available for dealing with these problems. But the best among them is Seresto flea collar for dogs. This flea collar is developed for providing longer lasting relief against both ticks and fleas.
It is also competent of repelling other pests like mange. However, it is largely used for eliminating dog fleas and ticks. This flea solution is designed for preventing re-infestation. The efficacy of this collar will last for 8 months. This is a simple and safe alternative for short-lived, messier flea treatment options.
Advantages of Seresto Flea Collar
- Seresto is a vet-recommended flea collar, which is the chief advantage of this dog collar. Sustained release technology is used in this collar, which is supportive for releasing chemicals over longer periods of time.
- Various customer reviews showed that it is ultimate for removing fleas and ticks swiftly and effectively. This is a non-greasy collar, which is the best alternative for unpleasant topical solutions for fleas and ticks.
- The collar is fragrance-free, which is an added advantage. Quick release mechanism is the other motivating dog-friendly feature of this collar.
- There are two active ingredients in Seresto collar. One is Imidacloprid and the other is Flumethrin. The former kills flea larvae and adult fleas, while the latter kills and repels ticks. These ingredients are exceedingly useful for killing larvae and ticks in its younger stage.
- The efficiency of this dog collar can be maintained even after frequent swimming, shampooing or exposure to rain. The breakaway release mechanism is the other vital feature of this collar. It contains a reflective chip, which can be applied during night.
- It is greatly effective for killing ticks within 6 hours and fleas within 2 hours. Thus, it is a rapid and effective solution for these types of pests.
- The speed of kill has a greater role while controlling ticks and fleas. It is critical to kill a flea before it lays eggs. Usually, this period is within 24 hours. You should be able to kill ticks in the same manner, which is essential for avoiding transmission of disease.
Features of Seresto Dog Collar :
- Highly recommended by vets and lots of pet owners;
- Comes with lots of user-friendly features such as lack of odor and easy application;
- Best alternative to topical treatments;
- Lasts up to 6-8 months;
- Ideal for saving money;
- It may take a little time for getting noticeable results;
- It may come apart very easily, which will cause security issues;
- It will become less effective if the collar is submerged in water frequently;
- May not be effective for dogs with thick coats such as Great Pyrenees, Malamutes, etc;
It is considered as the best solution for problems such as fleas and ticks and protecting the health of your dogs. It is vastly successful and provides you a longer benefit. However, the overall tick and flea prevention depends on the preferences.
This collar is model for those who want to seek the best solution over topical products. If you purchase this dog collar, you need not worry about fleas and tick problem for 8 months.
What’s the need of Seresto dog collars?
Seresto dog collars are notorious for their unfavorable effects on dogs. Despite their obvious benefits, these dog collars have proved to cause severe side effects that can be hurtful to your pet. Insect medications are a basic piece of the social insurance administration of our pets. Bugs and Ticks bring uneasiness to your little creatures.
Can it be harmful?
There’s no doubt that the Seresto collar is an commendable and outstanding way to protect your pets, and manage the fleas and ticks but how does it work? The Seresto dog collar uses a grouping of two chemicals, Flumethrin and Imidacloprid, which act as insect repellents. In fact, the side effects are also a result of these two main chemicals.
The Main Targets Of Seresto Collar include:
- Deer ticks;
- American dog ticks;
- Brown dog ticks;
- Lone star ticks;
More About These Seresto Dog Collars
A close look at their product flyer demonstrates that, the Seresto symptoms are in fact deadly to bugs and ticks. These collars are an 8-month flea collar and repel. It kills ticks for the 8 months (Only if it used correctly).
However, one must recognize that the results largely depend on factors such as your pet’s natural resistance to these chemicals, or climatic conditions.
Therefore it is also worthwhile that you may consult your local vet prior to using these collars. Likewise, with anything in life, a treatment is just supportive on the off chance that it is powerful. No pet lover would ever want to see their pet harmed.
In such circumstances, It is advised to the owner to take accurate and legitimate decision in buying these for their pooch. Many people around the globe and typically Americans are currently are facing these problems.
Seresto Dog Collar Side Effects: May Not Be Good As It Seems
Everybody hates ticks and fleas. It is a trouble that most pet owners like you struggle with. There are many solutions out there. However, you may have chosen the most convenient way. That’s right, using flea collars by Seresto.
What Makes It Dangerous?
It uses active ingredients that are the natural enemy of fleas and ticks. Those ingredients can be harmful to your dog. It is uncommon but it is possible.
The main components are:
- Flumethrin – a kind of insecticide which is used externally against parasitic insects;
- Imidacloprid – a kind of insecticide which attacks insects through the nervous system;
These chemicals may have a hurtful effect on your dog. If you observe these effects, then you should straight away remove that flea collar.
Side Effects of Seresto Flea Collar Making Dog Sick
- Itchy skin and skin irritation that will result in hair loss;
- Redness of the skin after the hair loss;
- The appearance of swellings in the dogs;
- It also said to have cause abortion and birth defects in dogs;
- Intense scratching around the collar;
- The pyrethrin Chemical in this product is said to cause nausea, vomiting, and seizures that might turn violent;
- The red eyes which appear a few days and later on disappear upon removal of the collar;
Final Verdict of Seresto Collar:
Lots of flea treatment and preventative options are available today in online market. You must take some basic protection tips if you want to go with flea collars.
Flea collar treatments are designed for dogs and puppies. Thus, you should never use it for your pet cats because they have their own flea treatments. If you relate dog flea collars to your cats, it can be fatal to them.
Before purchasing a flea collar, you must be aware of the precise weight of your dog or puppy. Your pet dog will be much happier and healthier if you adopt the right flea treatment. Fleas can cause lots of solemn illnesses and even death.
Some of the widespread problems that are associated with fleas are flea anemia, tapeworms, flea allergy dermatitis, lethargy, etc. Above mentioned Seresto dog collar reviews are exceedingly helpful for preventing this problem.