What is Frontline Plus?
Frontline Plus is a topical (spot on top) treatment for fleas and ticks in dogs. Being introduced in by Merial, the world’s leading animal health company, this Frontline Plus Flea and Tick treatment has been the largely recommended flea and tick preventive from past several years. This broad spectrum treatment is measured to be one of the most triumphant flea controls for dogs and cats.
Overview About Fleas & Ticks on Pets
Fleas are wingless jumping, small insects that feed on the blood of mammals. They get pleasure from warm, humid environments and transmit diseases through bites like plague and myxomatosis. The whole flea life cycle takes from 18 days to 20 months to accomplish from egg to adult and interestingly only 10% of this time is in fact spent by fleas on the pet. The length of these parasites is 1/32 inches and so you can only see flea dirt which is a dark, gritty particle or speck that can be seen on the pet. It is a lethal combination of dried blood and flea feces. These nasty parasites can be seen on the base of the pet’s tails, on the belly, behind the ears and between the toes. Dogs and Cats can obtain cat scratch disease, flea allergy dermatitis and plague from flea bites.
Ticks are blood sucking parasites that connect themselves to pets so that they can feed on them. They can be usually found in wooded areas, brush, shrubs, and wild undergrowth. Ticks cause lots of health problems like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and tick paralysis. An adult tick can lay approximately 1,000 to 3,000 eggs at a time. In two to seven weeks’ time, these eggs hatch into larvae. Then the larvae search for a host to feed on especially dogs and cats. They use their scissor like mouth parts to make a slit in the skin while attaching to the host. Then ticks insert a spiny tongue into the incision and start feeding on the blood of the host. There are such kind of ticks that even secrete a substance that acts as a strengthen to help them remain attached to the host.
Since you are now aware about fleas and ticks and an assortment of diseases caused by them, it is significant to procure a product that can assist you in preventing these pesky parasites from harming your pets. One such pet supplies product that has worked well till recent times is Frontline Plus. Let us appreciate the functionality of this ingenious product in details.
Introducing To Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment
Frontline Plus has been one of the best-selling flea and tick preventive treatments since years. It was going strong as far as sales were concerned in recent times, but now it has been observed that a lot of pet owners have queries about this flea and tick preventive product that can be seen on discussion forums and other mediums on the internet. So is Frontline Plus still effectual against fleas and ticks? You will get an answer to this question by reading this post. Let us commence with the real reason for using Frontline Plus at the very first place – to kill adult fleas and ticks along with their complete life cycle.
How does frontline plus flea treatment work?
Frontline Plus for dogs is developed by uniting Fipronil, the main ingredient of Merial and (s)-methoprene, an insect regulator for larger results. This combination works efficiently to keep fleas and ticks away from dogs. Fipronil attacks adult fleas damaging their nervous transmission while (s) – methoprene eliminates the juvenile stages of fleas. Thus, on its appliance your pooch / poodles can be free from fleas as well as its re-infestation.
Answers To Most Common Queries About Frontline Plus
What are the basic things that pet parents should know about Frontline Plus?
Let’s have a look at the answers of all the common queries regarding Frontline Plus!
The warm temperature and the moisture of these sunny days amplify the transition of flea life-cycle stages. As a result, these pests hatch faster in the summer than they do in any other season. If your furry pal is not take care of with an effectual flea and tick treatment, then she/he is susceptible to this pest infestation and the diseases that they bring. Choosing an ideal treatment for your canine can make things easier. While on the subject, Frontline Plus for dogs is the most popular flea and tick treatment available in the market. Most veterinary practitioners advocate all pet parents to apply this topical treatment to fight these pests (parasites).
- It is a monthly spot-on treatment (topical) from the house of Merial.
- Frontline Plus is safe and sound for all breeds and sizes of dogs that are above 8 weeks of age.
- Color coded packs for different weight ranges of dogs are available for this flea control. It is advisable to weigh your canine pet and thereafter select an appropriate pack for her/him.
- It is a waterproof treatment, so you shall not be worry about playing in water.
- Frontline Plus for dogs takes 24 hours to kill the fleas while it takes up to 48 hours to eradicate ticks from a dog’s body.
Frontline Plus For Dogs and Cats
How to apply this treatment to your canines?
Being a spot-on external treatment (topical), its application may require a bit of your time. Wash your hands before its application to your canine. Part the fur between the shoulder blades of your pooch where he cannot lick. Break the pipette and empty its content on that single spot in case of medium dogs. For larger breed dogs, apply its content at 4-5 spots starting from the shoulder blades and move across the spine till the base of the tail.
Why should you go for Frontline Plus for dogs?
- Being a spot on top (topical) treatment, Frontline Plus is trouble-free to apply. This flea and tick treatment wouldn’t be chaotic unlike flea control sprays and dips.
- If you decide Frontline Plus over dips and sprays, your pooch / poodles will be able to swim to their heart if he is a water lover. Yes! This treatment is waterproof.
- This long lasting treatment remains effectual for a whole month and you would not need to apply any other treatment until next month, unlike dips and sprays which may require a second application in 2 weeks.
- If you have a pregnant or lactating female, Frontline Plus is secure to apply to them. Although it is recommended to check with your vet before its application.
- This quick treatment kills fleas and four types of ticks, lone star ticks, American dog ticks, brown ticks and Deer ticks. The use of this flea control will standby you from buying two different treatments for fleas and ticks.
- The worries of flea re-infestation can be kept aside as Frontline Plus for dogs moderates the juvenile stages of fleas along with the adult fleas.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs can defend your pooch from the flea allergy dermatitis.
- Because of its vast popularity, this flea and tick treatment is effortlessly available.
Where to get Cheaper Frontline Plus?
OTC prices of Frontline Plus can actually affect your budget. If you want to save your valuable bucks buy Frontline Plus online from the pet care stores. You just require finding a wonderful online seller that slashes your expenses and makes pet care affordable.
Are there any side effects of Frontline Plus?
Usually there are no side effects of this flea treatment which is why it has remained in a steady demand and has gained wide reputation. But, in case of after effects like itching on the applied spot, hair loss, etc. instant vet consultation is recommended.
All in all, Frontline Plus for dogs has the whole thing that any pet parent may need to free their pets from fleas and ticks. It is a long lasting, waterproof, efficient and easy-to-use flea and tick control. Being widely known and respected for its effectiveness, this treatment can be easily available. You can buy cheaper Frontline Plus from online sellers to preserve your budget and gift a flea free summer to your furry friends!
Is Frontline Plus Still Effective? Examining the Effectiveness of the Pet Product – Frontline Plus
Every pet owner has its own views (As yours as pet owner) about the best flea preventive treatment available in the market and in a way they are permitted to have their opinions. But when pet owners start to hoist questions and doubts about the effectiveness of a product then it becomes a problem. In this write-up, we have tried to cover entire overview about “one of the leading flea & tick preventives Frontline Plus”
Frontline Plus & Its Reliability Since Years
Frontline Plus for Dogs and Cats is a flea and tick preventative treatment that can be administered to dogs and cats aged 8 weeks of age and above. It not only kills adult fleas and ticks thereby preventing life-threatening flea and tick borne diseases, but also abolishes the entire life cycle of fleas thus preventing re-infestation.
It contains two active ingredients – Fipronil and (S)-Methoprene. Fipronil is constructive in killing adult fleas and ticks, while (S)-Methoprene contains Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) that assists in eliminating the entire life cycle of fleas. Once this flea treatment product is administered on pets, all fleas get killed within a day’s time and ticks within 2 days. This monthly frontline plus treatment provides long-lasting and successful solution for protecting your pets from flea infestations.
Some of the factors that make it the most reliable flea and tick preventative treatment since several years are:
- One of the oldest flea and tick treatments
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, adult larvae, ticks, sarcoptic mange, lice and Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)
- Very simple to administer on pets
- A monthly flea and tick preventive product
- No apparent side effects on pets (Care should be taken to dose the pet properly)
How You Can Boost The Effectiveness Of Frontline Plus On Pets?
Use Frontline Plus in conjunction with natural flea and tick control methods for faster and safer results. Follow some of the tips given below to boost the effectiveness of this flea & tick preventative treatment:
- Bath your pet on a regular basis with a safe flea shampoo
- Never bath your pet for 2 days after administering the flea and tick preventative treatment on him
- Utilize Frontline sprays as they are toxic for fleas but safe for pets
- Utilize predatory nematodes in your garden to get rid of fleas in the most natural ways
- Apply diatomaceous earth or salt on your carpet
- Spray your yard with flea foggers or flea bomb
- Treat your house with flea control products available in market
In the end, it is safe to say that Frontline Plus is still one of the best flea and tick preventative treatments available in the market; and with the handy addition of Frontline Gold now your pets can enjoy enhanced protection from these pesky parasites. So, don’t lose faith and continue administering the treatment on your pet. If you face any problems, do let us know by posting your question and we ensure that all your concerns and doubts are resolved with utmost satisfaction.